i have had a hard time to update the firmware of my brandnew k8400
thought i should do a step throug because i didnt find a nailed answer to the problem…
- Download Arduino ide ( V1.8.1 )
- Load up Marlin.ino ( vertex-m1-v1.4-h2\Marlin\Marlin.ino ) as an example.
- In Arduino IDE go to Tools -> Board -> Board Managment
- Search for “Arduino AVR Boards”
- Downgrade to 1.6.11 !!! ( Down-Left dropbox Version than Install)
- Check if it compiles…
- Dont forget the Boardjumper ( marked as JPROG )
- Hit Upload
- Wait… after upload it will recompile and flash the firmware ( caution progressbar stops when coimpiling is done… but will not show you flashing… just WAIT. takes abou a minute or less. )
- reset printer.
please tell me if i have forgot somethin…