For Velleman-about new version 1.6.2

Hello i have the same question as wrong way before installing the new version. Does it bring real improvements and features? If so, what are they? thank you for your reply .

here’s the changelog

• For Repetier specific enhancements see www.repetier.com.
• This version fixes the 3d view errors on certain NVidia 3d cards.
• Updated slicing configurations: reduced filament flow so it’s the equivalent of 100% flow with the esteps value in the firmware version 1.4

Ok tks for your answer, i am going to try !

Does this new version take into account the wiki ‘modifying extruder steps/mm’ (http://www.k8xxx-3dprinters.crimed.be/w/index.php?title=Mod_extrud)?
The flow setting in this new version is 75%…
Or maybe this is a stupid question?

From what I understood, I’d say no.

It’s what you already had to do if you didn’t want to modify the steps/mm in the firmware.

And it indeed fixes a bug I had with my latest Nvidia video card.

Yes that’s correct. This is for unmodified firmware.

If you modified the firmware to compensate flow you’ll need to set it in repetier back to 100% or flash our original firmware in the printer.

Best Regards
VEL337

I noticed that the K8600 uses the same version.
Do you have to set up 2 different profiles for the K8400 and the K8600 or can you run them side by side like I do with the K8200 and the K8400?

You can run them side by side.
should be a different version from the Nano

Thank you.

Is it worthwhile to upgrade to 1.6.2? The Repetier specific enhancements are not provided at repetier.com; neither on the website nor in their download install package. I also don’t understand the 2 seemingly contradicting statements above:
“…reduced filament flow so it’s the equivalent of 100% flow with the esteps value in the firmware version 1.4”
“…The flow setting in this new version is 75%…”
If it is still 75% (which I don’t mind), then what changed?
Based on other posts on version 1.6.2 and the unclear settings transfer procedure, if I don’t have the NVIDIA problem there is no reason to change.