[quote=“VEL456”]Both kits (or modules) uses the same DMX core routine.
If the K8074 works perfectly also the K8039 must be.
Please check again with one device on a DMX controller, don’t forget the termination.[/quote]
Thanks for your reply,
If both kits use the same hardware (front end IC’s) and both are using the same core routine, it might be possible the output to the load/ light might have some issues… cutting out instead of holding the last known data/state?
I have noticed that if I toggle the state of the K8039 to any on condition, the light will be on for only 2 seconds without any further input. All other devices I have will remain in the state until I change it.
I have used the exact hardware including termination on both types of kits. The only oddity is noticed when using the K8039.
I stumbled across something else odd when running both types of kits in line from one another with only 1 address apart. I will do a bit more testing just to make sure that what I saw is reproducible/ constant.
I’m sure this is something very small and simple to fix.
K8039 set to address 45, this will stay constant for the testing listed below.
K8039 responds to DMX on address 44.
Tested responses on DMX address 43 and lower - nothing.
Tested responses on DMX address 45 - slight flicker on ramp up and down only.
Tested responses on DMX address 46 - slight flickering on changed states (fully on and off) and ramp up and down.
Tested responses on DMX address 47 - Lots of flickering and its very apparent now that the light intensity matches those of the settings/ routine.
Tested responses on DMX to address 48 - nothing.
This would correspond to the seemingly dead/ flicker of the light when running on the designated DMX address if the k8039 thinks it should be responding on another sporadically.
I have tried this exact same setup for the DMX relay kit and it will only respond to the designated DMX address as it should and doesn’t ever have a problem.
I have gone as far as replacing R25 to a 1M as is in my relay kit instead of the 1.5M for the K8039 but no change. All testing I have done is pointing to a minor error in the code.
Again I’m sure this will be a very easy/quick fix.
Any further testing/ modifications you would like me to perform please let me know.