Dear collegue 3D-printers
Our school 3D printer (Velleman K8400) doesn’t want to print any more. It’s been in our hands for several years doing a great job. But since a few weeks he doesn’t reach the Printing temperature any more. We tried replacing the nozzle, temp sensor and heating cartridge but no succes so far. I’m not an expert in all of this but this is what I noticed and what i think:
- The temp is raising slower then it used to be
- The fans are always on 100% in Vertex software (165 Fan speed in settings) while heating
- If i shutdown the Fans the printer is able to reach the 210°C
- While i unload filament (and extruder is in middle) the problem is less visible but still heating slow
- The firmware installed should be the latest version (1.4 i guess?)
And here I’m stuck. I get the feeling the fans are cooling too much and the heating cartridge can’t do his job properly. Or the heating cartridge isn’t strong enough any more but my collegue replaced this part lately. It’s like those 2 are fighting against eachother instead of coworking. Any suggestions/advice/help? Our kids would be extremely gratefull if we can print their keychains they designed themselves!