Printer Connections

I have completed my printer and now trying to calibrate it.Unfortunately I cannot send any commands to the printer other than the connect and disconnect ones, which work. When I send a command in manual mode the following message appears in the command box:-serial com error:system.IO.Ports.SerialErrorRecievedEventsArg. I would appreciate any guidance on what I should do to over come this problem. Thanks
John

In the printer settings

Make sure the baud rate is set to 250000
Reset on Connect is set to Disabled

Thank you for your help . Now OK. I have now to sort out why the X axis doesn’t perform correctly. Before I start checking the wiring I wonder whether there are any connection errors in the construction manual.

No, there are not.

What is the problem with your X axis?

cheers,

Christian

The instruction say you should set the reference voltage on the driver card to 0.425
0.55 works better do not go over 0.60

Hi Christian
I find all the axis work OK except the Y one (not X), this will only work in one direction, away from the micro switch. Before trying to find a wiring error I wonder whether this could be a open circuit on the micro switch circuit and whether I should start my investigations there. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thank you
John

[quote=“zoostorm”]Hi Christian
I find all the axis work OK except the Y one (not X), this will only work in one direction, away from the micro switch. Before trying to find a wiring error I wonder whether this could be a open circuit on the micro switch circuit and whether I should start my investigations there. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Thank you
John[/quote]

If it moves away from the microswitch but not back you plobably have an open circuit in the endstop wiring,
just as you thought.
The endstops are wired in NC (normally closed) way. So, that if the wiring or switch fails, the bed won’t crash into the frame while homing.
Unplug the endstop switch and check for continuity at the plug, while the switch is not pressed.
If it is pressed it should go open.

If that is not true, there is a fault in the wiring.
Check if you soldered the wires to the outermost pins of the microswitch.

cheers,

Christian

Hi Christian,
Think problem solved. Now have to re-position micro switch as striker was missing the switch lever, my fault.
Can you tell me what the push switch is for on the circuit board?
Many thanks for your help and advice .
John

That is a reset button.