Since I bought this printer 90% of my time using it was pretty much troubleshooting… feels like for every solution I find 2 new problems arise, but the current one, I’m really hopeless.
Problem: The printer stops to print and the message Communication timeout - reset send buffer block then appear in the console.
Down below you will find the settings and information I think can be somehow related hoping somebody can give a direction.
Macbook Pro - Late 2013
2.6 Ghz Intel Core I5
8 gb memory ram
Mac OS Sierra 10.2.4
NB: This computer is used ONLY by the printer, nothing else, no other software opened, no other device hooked up in the USB ports, nothing, ONLY the printer.
Printer Settings -> Connection:
Baud Rate: 250000
Stop Bits: 1
Transfer Protocol: autodetect
Receive cache size: 63
Timeout: 180 ( was 40 )
Things I tried to fix:
- Disconnect the usb cable, shut down the computer;
- Disconnect the usb cable, shut down the computer and also the printer;
- Change the USB port ( also repeat the 2 procedures above on the other usb port )
- I’m trying to print a medium part, something like 10x10x5 cm
- I tried more than 5 times already and it seems to timeout “randomly”, it stopped on layer 3, layer 6, also layer 12 out of 90.
- It wasn’t happening before, I actually printed much bigger parts in PLA, but I wanted to print ABS and after sort out the bed horrible adhesion issue, now that’s my current issue.
- I also didn’t try change cable, since it’s actually printing… would not make much sense.
- The only change I did on this printer was the z-axis rod because as everybody knows the original one it’s a piece o crap.
I’m really on the edge with this printer, almost giving up and buying a printer a little friendlier.
I would appreciate any help.